Have you found yourself with unwanted house guests right before the holidays? We’re talking about those pesky field mice. There is never a good time to find mice in your house, but the holidays are stressful enough without adding mice to the mix. Below are some ways you can avoid attracting the mice and ways to kick them out if they do sneak in.
- Food cleanup: Just like your dog, field mice love any food you drop on the floor. The smallest piece of food can attract the mice to venture inside. When cleaning up, make sure you don’t leave leftover food on the counter or floor. Seal food in airtight containers and take out the trash nightly.
- Clothes/crafts: Try not to leave clothes, crafts or any other materials lying on the floor. Mice love to make nests and your warm clothes make the perfect home. Keeping your floors clean is an important step in the fight against field mice.
- Traps/poison: Even if you clean up everything in your house, the little mice may still sneak in. If you want to exterminate them yourself, setting traps and/or poison are the most effective ways. With poison, be cautious where you spray it. If you have pets or children in your home, this may not be the best choice. Laying traps takes the toxins out of the home and are safer.
- Professional: If you want your mice problem taken care of quickly and effectively, contact Eco Care at 410.465.3709 or get in touch online. We will rid your home of mice and you can get back to enjoying the holidays!
Follow these tips to protect homes from mice and rats:
- Walk both the exterior and interior perimeter of the home to find any holes that rodents may enter through, and be sure to seal them up.
- Cover all food kept in the pantry to keep mice and rats from seeking them out. If food isn’t easy to access, rodent populations are easier to keep in check.
- Set traps to get rid of a rodent problem before it becomes an infestation.
- Promptly clean up any food or beverage spills.
- Keep lawns well-manicured.
Even if homeowners are proactive about keeping mice and rats out of their homes, there are times when the rodents will still manage to find a way in. For anyone dealing with a pest control problem, the best way to get rid of them for good is to contact us for a treatment plan.